Saturday, November 04, 2006

The Garden Grille.



Tonight Rob, Hilary, Eli and myself went to the Garden Grille on Hope St. You'll find it past Chez Pascal and before you hit Pawtucket, on the left. I wasn't sure what to expect seeing as most of the vegetarian leaning places in Providence have been so boastfully - hyper vegetarian. How about a place you can go to eat vegetables without worrying about having vegan living magazines or articles about how this is the best vegetarian restaurant plastering the walls? If you are looking for great food that just so happens to be mostly vegetable based, this is the unpretentious dining experience for you. The people who work there are just trying to put good things in your face that taste good. Much less concered are they about giving you the Vegetable Experience.
We had to wait about 10 minutes for our table (which at 7:00 on a Saturday is NOTHING) so we sat at the bar for wine and beer. Eli and I instantly began talking politics whereas Rob and Hil were talking about... well, I don't really know. (I became so engrossed with talk of the voting system that I tuned out).
We were alerted to the fact that our table was ready and we launched into a plate of nachos. Damn good nachos, and JUST enough. No loading up. The portions here are perfect. Black bean, salsa, jalepenos, and vegan sour cream (that tastes like it came right out of a cow).
I'll let the rest of the participants describe their dishes, I got the Artichoke Heart Quesadilla. I don't think I want my quesadillas any other way now. It was the perfect consistency without leaving me feeling ill-full. It just WAS.
Go there. Eat their food. You will believe.

Hil says: I want to order with anyone who wants to order nachos. Who knew we'd be so lucky in neighbors? Vegan sour cream so good I'm afraid to know what's in it. Delish grilled tofu atop sea veggie salad--prequel to the macrobiotics Eli's been threatening.

Eli says: Amen to the nachos. My glass of shiraz was great, though not so well paired with our spicy appetizer. My noodly asian salad was vinegary; next time I'm going for a sandwich or a quesadilla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home