Sunday, September 30, 2007

Holiday High




Shana Tova everyone! I hope everyone's having a tasty new year. I started mine by making the challahs on top for an Erev Rosh dinner hosted by my Dad's cousin in Boston. The other pictures show the insane quanitites of food I prepared for a post-Yom Kippur meal. I think this is the most food I've ever made on my own in one day. I pulled off two honey cakes, four challahs, a cabbage kugel, eggplant salad, marinated mushrooms, salted fried almonds, and chopped liver and then had a mess that took three hours to clean! I was delighted to have the company of so many fantastic people after the holiday. I am kicking myself for not getting a picture of the buffet table, but here's the cognac and challah and nibbles we started with. My memory, however, of the other food is quite vivid. Thanks Yossi for the Moroccan carrots, Heather for the spinach pie, Tatiana for the pasta salad, Avram for the egg and spinach dish, Leo and Charlotte for the salads, Gabe for the lamb pie, Emilio for the cheese plate, and the rest of you for the many many bottles of beer and wine that your brought. Seriously, guys--- this was something else!! I had a sublime time.

1 Comments:

Blogger hil said...

that's some nice looking challahs!

2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home