Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Debbie and Rick's Dinner











My very first blog post. Wish me luck.

I made a nice Shabbot dinner last Friday;
Roast Chicken with a glaze of Raspberry Jalapeno ambrosia which I found on my refrigerator shelf (and which must have been there since jalapenos were discovered as a trendy food item). The chicken was made in a new convection toaster oven. Accompanying were some spinach, some homemade applesauce with raisins and some raisin Challah.

I got inspired and made a Coconut Flan. It has a bit of dark rum. As for the still life, the avocados are from the tree in my back yard, and the lemons are from my neighbor's tree. Note the joined lemons.

If you have relatives in LA who would like an avocado, they can contact me during the next month. If you're in LA, come and pick!

5 Comments:

Blogger hil said...

YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! welcome to the blog! thanks for the delicious truffles! love, hil & eli
ps try reposting pix of the flan & avo still life, if you have them.

8:47 PM  
Blogger hil said...

eli will pay for an avo if you fedex it...

8:47 PM  
Blogger hil said...

and, your plate looks fantastic in this photo! love that blue!

8:51 PM  
Blogger sns said...

only in california!
love the photographs.

2:19 PM  
Blogger hil said...

we are down to our last avo. THEY ARE SO GOOD! ate one today with ruby red grapefruit sections. yumyumyum.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home