Thursday, May 31, 2007

Corn Patties



Last week I was compelled to experiment with my corn flour. Inspiried by Columbian style Arepas, but needed to make it vegan. Maybe I should just call this South American inspired polenta cakes? Anyway, this is what is in it:

Fine corn meal
water
(I don't measure this, just add water until it gets to be a good paste/dough consistency)
crushed and chopped garlic
pine nuts
chopped/grated yellow squash
smoked paprika *
crushed aleppo pepper*
salt

sautee cakes in olive oil until golden on each side (kind of like cooking a potato cake)

Really great with your favorite hot sauce, I prefer Chiluli or Topatio hot sauce.

* The spices I used came from Savory Spice Shop in Denver Colorado. They will gladly ship thier spices anywhere in the country, and I've always gotten them quickly, and they have always been fresh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home