Sunday, May 20, 2007

Rice and Beans



When I'm lazy (which is often), it's time for rice and beans. I got the recipie from the Joy of Cooking and it's incredibly easy, never fails...

Chop an onion, some garlic, and Jalepeno peppers (2-3, to taste). Fry them in oil, until the onions turn yellow-brown.

Add 12 oz. can of chopped tomatoes, 12 oz. can of black beans (rinsed), salt and pepper to taste. Let them simmer for about 5 minutes

Add 1 cup of rice and 2 cups of water. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until rice is cooked and water is gone.

Let sit for a few minutes and serve.

Sometimes, I add lime, greek yogurt, or salsa, for more taste.

(The other stuff on my plate is spinach salad, and tofu with Sriracha)

1 Comments:

Blogger Elimonster said...

looks delicious, Jesser. It's funny... I make rice and beans all the time, but never cook them together.

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home