Saturday, April 14, 2007

This is not a final product


Now that both bananas and cream (along with chocolate and caramel) are satisfyingly in the banana cream pie, it's a good time to say why I even was making banana cream pie, which I had never before eaten nor even had any desire to eat. Well, I had some pie dough in the fridge, because Eli and I both had visitors over Presidents Day weekend and I made the Tartine quiche. Which is really really amazing and really does taste as good as the quiche at Tartine, ie heaven. And when you make the crust recipe from Tartine it says you get enough dough for two crusts but really it's three. So I had two dough rounds in the fridge (I used one of them after this pie for another quiche...this was weeks later, and like the caramel, the dough kept amazingly well, still baked out flaky, tasted great, etc.) and I had a couple really ripe bananas and some soymilk that needed to be used up. And there was this recipe for banana cream pie in the Tartine book and I needed to make something from it to keep up my resolution. After this pie, I took a few weeks off from Tartine, figuring I'd stacked up enough comp "things."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home