Sunday, May 18, 2008

Vegetable Feast; Wayland, MA



Post-chemotherapy #3, I was a little manic from the steroids and had a "pile" of vegetables to cook so I hosted some college friends: Hayden Gallary, Sarah Caldwell, and Sarah Seo (for those of you that were in TD and this is relevant :)

We had some great cheeses, breads and olives from a specialty cheese shop in Cambridge (courtesy of Hayden and Sarah C.) Dinner was Mediterranean chicken (marinated in yogurt and herbs) with pita bread, an eggplant-dill salad and many gluten-free desserts! I forgot to photograph the first dinner but sure enough my energy and guests extended to Friday night when I finished using the "pile of veggies" to make a spinach-avocado salad with citrus dressing and eggplant ragout (see below).

I had the pleasure of cooking in an amazing kitchen with great ingredients at the home of my family friends. I think people are a little overwhelmed by the energy I summon post-treatment, not sure where it comes from, but it was truly a relaxing retreat and great to get to see old friends.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home